Re: Help for my kid

In article <5jt2g7F12j31U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alex W. wrote:

"mary" <maryapp2@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1188621288.147456.25550@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 29, 7:39?pm, "Alex W." <ing...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"MLF" <ferma...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:fb3t4a$crh$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whoever volunteers to travel around with Stanley should remember that
they
are only 7 years old, so what my be interesting to you and me might not
be
interesting (or even understandable) to them.

If my own experiences with hosting primary-school visitors to London are
anything to go by, what they will be most impressed by are red
Routemaster
buses. The Tower of London, a full Changing of the Guards, helmeted
bobbies -- nothing compares to the Big Red One ....

And how about the phone booths - do they still have those great phone
booths .... also the SuperLoo!?

They do.
A couple of years ago, British Telecom decided they were too old-fashioned
for their image and took many of them down, but there was such an outcry
that some councils actually listed them as heritage sites. So now we still
have some on the streets, but you can also buy them for your own back
garden. AAMOF, I have seen some converted into shower cubicles which is a
pretty cool idea, IMO.

Makes a change from public urinal I suppose.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

  • Re: Help for my kid
    ... If my own experiences with hosting primary-school visitors to London are ... bobbies -- nothing compares to the Big Red One .... ... And how about the phone booths - do they still have those great phone ... also the SuperLoo!? ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Very Bad Mood.
    ... I missed the Birmingham bit. ... >> you were talking about the Brazilian bloke in London. ... >> bomb and they gave him time to pull the cord all hell would be let ... > *sigh* This is what I was saying to Alex. ...
    (uk.misc)
  • Re: Heading to London (Woking actually)
    ... > Alex thank-you for the suggesting about the stadium. ... > that some place still consider open air stadiums, ... Take a trip into London and visit Mitchell Orchant's place. ... If you want to have bets with friends, pick up a London A-Z street map ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Christmas day?boxing day
    ... Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Alex ... unattractive and slow option for everyone. ... True, but then London is very, very different to the rest of the UK. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Help for my kid
    ... If my own experiences with hosting primary-school visitors to London are ... what they will be most impressed by are red Routemaster ... And how about the phone booths - do they still have those great phone ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)