Re: Tobacco health tax...

"Miss Elaine Eos" <Misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Misc-324E60.19313502082007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <f8toa5$d5u$1@xxxxxxxx>, "Alex W." <ingilt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Let me throw in another variable into the fray: status as
determined by productivity, by value to the economic body
politic. If I am a teacher at a community college earning,
say, $50K a year, but I train up whole classes of future
high-earning stockbrokers -- where am I classed then?

Do teachers at community colleges earning, say, $50k/yr train up whole
classes of future high-earning stockbrokers?

Sure, there are teachers at CC earning, say, $50k/yr -- no argument.

And some teachers at some colleges train up whole classes of future
high-earning stockbrokers -- that I'll grant without argument.

My question is: do those two sets have any significant intersection?

Given the nature of the profession, I daresay that the majority of students end up earning more than the teacher.

This was by way of example only, you know. I might just as well have chosen "comunity nurse" or "fireman".

  • Re: Number of creationist science teachers in K-12?
    ... > individual working in a thankless job for less than half of what he/she ... in the suburbs of Cleveland and surrounding ... > cities, a teacher with 12 years experience makes $75-$80K per year, ... point they would be earning $60K for 184 days, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Tobacco health tax...
    ... If I am a teacher at a community college earning, ... high-earning stockbrokers -- where am I classed then? ... Sure, there are teachers at CC earning, say, $50k/yr -- no argument. ... Given the nature of the profession, I daresay that the majority of students end up earning more than the teacher. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: OT: Well thats killed...
    ... I thought Kiran's doris was/is a teacher. ... Earning buttons then. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Number of creationist science teachers in K-12?
    ... individual working in a thankless job for less than half of what he/she ... cities, a teacher with 12 years experience makes $75-$80K per year, ...
    (talk.origins)