Re: Cigar ash burn question...

On Jul 23, 11:24 pm, Miss Elaine Eos <Misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
In article <46a525aa$0$3154$4c368...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Sandy Gerli" <a...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've a question about ash burn characteristics. In general, if an ash burns
tapered toward the center rather than straight when the ash is bumped off,
is that a sign of poor rolling, cf. uneven roll, or too dry/too moist (I
doubt moist, as my humidor is between 65-70%), or what??

I don't think it's much to worry about if your cigar-cherry has a slight
"bullet" or rounded-cone shape. That's fairly normal. In fact, I think
it's pretty unusual to see a cigar where the ash drops off nearly
straight.

Like I said in my original reply to bjmickey (blow-job Mickey):

"I don't recall the OP saying that there WAS a problem."

Thank you for backing me up on that.

  • Re: Cigar ash burn question...
    ... Uncle Grumpy wrote: ... tapered toward the center rather than straight when the ash is bumped ... Lots of good cigar info, the ASC Birthday page, FAQs, vendors and more at ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Cigar ash burn question...
    ... tapered toward the center rather than straight when the ash is bumped off, ... Lots of good cigar info, the ASC Birthday page, FAQs, vendors and more at ... A "great" review is one with the name of the cigar before the review text ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: A field
    ... I have a big barrel stuffed full of straight scout staves we have cut from Hazel over the years, straight as a die they practically shut at you to be cut in rough woodland and road-sides all over the place, but straight Ash branches? ... You then cut them off after about four years, trim off the twigs, allow to season and then trim to length. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Cigar ash burn question...
    ... is that a sign of poor rolling, cf. uneven roll, or too dry/too moist (I ... You'll find that non-Cuban cigars tend to "bullet" and Cuban cigars ... have a relatively straight burning ash. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)