Re: ACTION ALERT for cigar enthusiasts!

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 04:13:41 GMT, Hutch <champboat@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While not going so far as to say it is a basic human right, I would
say that even most third world nations provide some basic health care
to their citizens.

Virtually all first world countries do as well, except the US of
course.

Bullshit

I have been in many of these countries, and I have seen clinics where
people live in mud and bamboo huts. The govts do subsidize **basic
healthcare.**

These are not staffed by Beverly Hills surgeons, but people can get
anti-biotics and such prescribed at little or no cost.

When I lived in the Philippines last year, I lived near and went to
one of the best hospitals in the country. I would rate it as somewhat
equivlent to an average US hospital. For them, it was their best in
country type of thing.

An office visit to my doctor, who was a very very qualified doctor,
cost me about $10 US money.

Us being one ot the top five richest countries on earth, and we
make healthcare somewhat of a luxury.

Hardly. Dunno about where y'all live, but here there are two
hospitals, within 20 miles of where I sit, that provide care to
ANYBODY, regardless of income etc. It is illegal for them to turn
anyone away, and it's enforced. BTW, one of them is the hospital that
JFK was taken to on 11/22/63.
--

That is one of the biggest problems, the poor don't get any
preventitive healthcare, so they wind up getting treated in emergency

  • Re: OT/ What is the true cost of cheap gas?
    ... I snipped from this post, about the cost of a gallon of gasoline at the pumps, it is obvious that the major difference between the US and some other countries is the level of taxation imposed by our elected officials. ... Medicare fraud, by service recipients, medical professionals, and the government itself has been rampant. ... While NHS supporters might applaud the universality of benefits, with the availability of state, county, local, and charity hospitals, healthcare can be found at low or no cost when necessary. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Health Care Fine the way it is. Was: How the 17th Amendment has Stolen Your Freedom
    ... I disagree that Health Care if fine the way it is. ... The reality is that we spend 4.3 times the amount on Healthcare as we do for ... a Defense Budget that is larger than the next 50 countries' expenditures ... These things cost really big bucks ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: Phillip Garrido
    ... have all managed public healthcare without political influence ... When you have countries that wait 30 days BEFORE counting a child as a live birth, whereas the US counts EVERY Child born alive, EVEN ALL the preemies as live births, then you have in INCREDIBLE SKEW in the data. ... care rankings and costs. ... pay the same costs for drugs that the US has to, because of government extortion with generic drug laws. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: {OT} Death Panels in House Bill....
    ... if they want private insurance go for it & pay like everybody else. ... Personally I don't care about other countries models of their healthcare ... This current administrations ATTACK on capitalism is ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Barenboim dedicates Geneva concert to Arab cultural capital Jerusalem
    ... so he can use their health care too. ... There seem to have been a lot of those town hall meetings recently. ... Obviously, to gauge where "the people" stand on healthcare, but why do ... certain things work in other countries. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)