Re: Math experiment
- From: Cuphea Ignea <cupheaignea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 15:42:52 GMT
"Bart Goddard" <goddardbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The Monty Hall Problem:
You're a contestant on Let's Make a Deal playing the
following game: There are 3 doors in front of you.
Behind one door is a car and behind the other two doors
are goats. You are going to choose a door. Monty will
then open one of the doors you haven't chosen to show
you a goat. To be clear: There must be at least one
unchosen goat and the rules are that Monty has to show
you an unchosen goat.
At this point, there are two unopened doors in front of
you. Monty now offers you the chance to switch doors.
Assuming you'd prefer the car to a goat, the big question
is "Should you switch?"
Wikipedia has a good article on this problem. I suggest reading it
before making your choice:
*Cuphea Ignea* "My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred
rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after
and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them."
- Prev by Date: Re: Need somewhere to host 20 megs of pictures
- Next by Date: Humidor in need of your help.
- Previous by thread: Re: Math experiment
- Next by thread: Re: Math experiment