Re: Potato guns

On May 2, 9:55 pm, Miss Elaine Eos <Misc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hmmm...

"Any person desiring a classification of a ³potato gun,² ³spud gun² or
similar device must [request one]"

(From <http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/2005/p53004/q_and_a.pdf>)

I'm gonna have to research this further. Of course, if I *WANT* my
ATF-juristicted device to be classified as a potato-gun, ok! But I'm
still curious about the whole business of the ATF having domain over
what amounts to home-made mortars or cannons.

Misc "my potato is bigger than your potato ;)"

--
Please remove your pants if you want to send me e-mail.
Lots of good cigar info, the ASC Birthday page, FAQs, vendors and more at

Bizarre.

I can understand it however, as ATF deals with most things that go
boom. Even potatoes.

Granted, you don't really NEED classification if you're not going to
go off the property.

Tex.

.