Cigar Box Value?

I have an old cigar box that I'm curious about. I'd assume
it's not worth a whole lot but I don't want to be the guy
that sold the exceedingly rare and desirable piece for four
bucks because he didn't research it.

The brand is "Public Opinion" and they're listed at 8 cents
apiece inside the lid with a picture of a well-dressed gent
enjoying a smoke and looking out his window at a cityscape.

It's in good shape but at some point long ago "$4.00 per box"
was written in pencil on the bottom and later at the very top
of the lid someone (baccy shop owner I s'pose) wrote "Buy
Concilliary Machine Rollers" in faded ink.

Oh, and the front of the box says "DE LUXE". Blue tax stamp
is still there. It was a box of fifty, so I'm assuming the 4.00/box
written on the bottom was from when it was still full of cigars.

There's other information on the bottom of the box but this is
probably enough to give a pretty good idea of what it is.

Is it the typical cheap $4.00 cigar box? Something special?

Oh, and wiseasses telling me it's worth whatever somebody will
pay for it can go ahead and kiss my (_|_) as that doesn't tell me
anything I don't already know...

I'm assuming there's a book of values out there but I only have the
one box so I'm hoping somebody here is a collector and could
look in their copy for me.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt- "..."

  • Re: Cigar Box Value?
    ... > I have an old cigar box that I'm curious about. ... > written on the bottom was from when it was still full of cigars. ... and wiseasses telling me it's worth whatever somebody will ... What are your favorite cigar boxes -- other than full ones gifted by Cigar ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Esperanza Para Los Ninos
    ... First few draws were pretty mild and tasteless but as the cigar progressed ... I started noticing the faint tastes of leather and dark chocolate. ... Bottom line...NOT a dog rocket, ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: How is *your* cake?
    ... with absolutely no cake the bottom 1/3. ... I know I need to smoke to the ... An old friend and piper said to get a cigar (with the same diameter as your ... A good tobacco to try half bowels with is G&H Kendel Flake rubbed out good. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Fuente Fuente Opus X?...
    ... >>Lots of stores here in the area have them. ... criteria you use to measure their worth. ... Cigar King in Skokie has them sometimes, ... not too far from Arlington Park racetrack. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Esperanza Para Los Ninos
    ... draw and construction were flawless. ... First few draws were pretty mild and tasteless but as the cigar ... a nice, ultra mild cigar with a OK flavors, a short finish and a nice ... Bottom line...NOT a dog rocket, ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)