Re: Very OT:
- From: hubops <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 23:09:06 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 17:09:06 -0500, Juno B <oldcodgers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Today I'm doing Christmas things. I just finished making some cinnamon=
applesauce ornaments. Next I have to dry some oranges, apples, and
lemons and make some paper snowflakes.I do a tree for my kitchen every
year and decorate it with my little hand made ornaments and tie them all
on with raffia. I hand cut a lot of the cinnamon -applesauce ones with a
knife rather than use a cookies cutter. When their dry I put a little
white glue and glitter on them. Just not too much.
We also finally got out and cut down our Christmas tree. We always get
a concolor fir. I love the way they smell, like an orange. This year's
tree has a very blue cast to it. Some years they look more green, some
years more blue.
Never heard of that fir. I'll need to google it.
We always get a balsam fir now -
- scotch pines when I was a kid.
Only once or twice - an awful spruce.
Once a white pine - shame to cut it, but
we were a little desperate that year.
Have a Merry, all.
- Very OT:
- From: Juno B
- Very OT:
- Prev by Date: Re: so I'm having a glass of wine......
- Next by Date: Re: Very OT:
- Previous by thread: Very OT:
- Next by thread: Re: Very OT: