Re: so I'm having a glass of wine......

On 12/8/2010 5:42 PM, Kay Lancaster wrote:
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:26:34 -0500, Juno B<oldcodgers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
, you deserve it. I saw on the Palmer and Pletch web site a product that
I'm seriously thinking of spending $30.00 on for a product that
stabilizes fabric . You kind of brush it on and when it dries you press
and it's supposed to help with the slippery fabric and make it as easy
to cut and sew as cotton. Maybe I'll start with the smaller bottle,

Or there's just plain old starch for a whole lot less.

But why not try cutting on paper? It really stabilizes the fabrics
so they cut accurately.

Kay

I do cut on paper, but sometimes that slips too. I can't find liquid starch and haven't tried making my own lately with corn starch. Some days, I just want a fast down and dirty simple way to do it. Mostly because the mood hit that day to sew.
Juno

  • Re: Your favorite trick?
    ... some machines out their that it is very difficult to sew a quarter ... contrast, or fairly plain fabrics. ... to me to improve the quality of my piecing, I had to slow down, I had ... learn the skills, then the vast majority of other people can too. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: How do you sew a straight seam?
    ... Learning to sew a straight seam: ... One of the simplest beginning seam guides you can use is a tablet of Post It ... your fabric is running straight, ... Now with chalk or whatever fabric marker you prefer pinch the fabrics ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Choosing a machine
    ... like this machine to sew lighter weight fabrics as well. ... When it comes to sewing machines, it's hard to beat this Buying A ... fabrics you want to use (denim, curtain fabric, cotton, chiffon... ... includes: Impeccable straight stitch! ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: How do you sew a straight seam?
    ... How do you sew a straight seam especially long ones? ... Now with chalk or whatever fabric marker you prefer pinch the fabrics ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: economies of scale in sewing
    ... pants for kids. ... I'd better stick to RTW clothes on sale. ... Not because I can sew better garments ... Rarely have I been disappointed in the fabrics. ...
    (alt.sewing)