Re: sad, sad news

On 01/12/10 22:07, mamahays wrote:
I'm so very sorry to have to report this to the group. Just heartbreaking.

I got this from Karen Maslowski:

"I just heard that Olwyn Mary passed away on Sunday. Her husband called one
of my best friends, who lives just a few blocks from them in New Orleans.
They didn't know one another until July, when I visited my friend and we
all spent part of the day together, touring the city, getting a tour of
Olwyn's charming home, meeting her husband, and having lunch at a fabulous
barbecue place in Treme. Since then, she and my friend Claudia have bumped
into each other several times, and they also became friends.

She had a very serious breathing problem that forced her to take breathing
treatments every day (which is when she read the message boards). I have to
say that she was quite a character and very colorful in person, which I did
not quite realize from her writing.

Such a sad day.

Karen"

I know we will all miss her here. I will see if I can find out anything
about the arrangements and if they want flowers or anything.

Sharon,

It is indeed sad news and thank you to Claudia and to yourself for letting us know. She made a valuable contribution here which I know will be missed.

Lizzy

  • Re: sad, sad news
    ... of my best friends, who lives just a few blocks from them in New Orleans. ... Olwyn's charming home, meeting her husband, and having lunch at a fabulous ... She had a very serious breathing problem that forced her to take breathing ... I am very sad and sorry to hear this. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • sad, sad news
    ... of my best friends, who lives just a few blocks from them in New Orleans. ... Olwyn's charming home, meeting her husband, and having lunch at a fabulous ... She had a very serious breathing problem that forced her to take breathing ... Never try to teach a pig to sing. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: sad, sad news
    ... of my best friends, who lives just a few blocks from them in New Orleans. ... Olwyn's charming home, meeting her husband, and having lunch at a fabulous ... She had a very serious breathing problem that forced her to take breathing ... U. - gotta go, the DF is on the stairs, begging me to come down since it's 'dangerous there'. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Mixed messages
    ... do her living room floors and kitchen. ... I am dealing with my friend mostly, but lately the husband has gotten ... feelings, as we are friends. ... Maybe they are not happy with your work, your taste, your pay, or something else, but because of the friendship cannot come right out and say it. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • I Want to Cheat on My Husband, but I Havent Met the Right Guy
    ... Meet the new all-American cheaters -- and we're not talking Tiger. ... Ashley Madison to find out what would make someone create a site to help ... before she and her husband had even celebrated their second wedding ... We just clicked, and all of my friends said, "You're perfect for each ...
    (soc.men)