Re: OT: Flu Shots

On 9/22/2010 8:24 AM, Juno B wrote:
Got mine yesterday and hope everyone else here is getting one soon.
There is a good supply of the vaccine this year and out now for use. The
shots are available almost anywhere, drug stores, malls and of course
your doctors office in the US. I don't know about the rest of the
planet, but hope everyone has easy access, without problems.
Can't have anyone getting sick with the flu.
Juno

No thank you. I got a pneumonia shot a few years back and what happened? The following year I got pneumonia, and have had several more bouts since then. When I asked my dr about it, he chortled and said "There are 40 kinds of pneumonia, the shot covers 22 of them. You must have got one of the other 18." So, why bother????

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

  • Re: Its flu shot season again
    ... Saw the doc today & got both a flu shot and a Pneumovax (pneumonia ... What do others do about influenza protection? ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Husband may have CHF - Im frightened
    ... has no symptoms. ... Has he had a flu or pneumonia shot recently? ... "Pneumonia vaccine is safe and effective and, unlike a flu shot, provides ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: OT your common cold cure
    ... these days to get the vaccine after you have pneumonia the first time. ... I heard the shot to get for older people is the shot to prevent shingles. ... It is not illegal or immoral for a doctor or clinic to give a Shingles shot to someone below the recommended age. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: OT: Flu Shots
    ... The following year I got pneumonia, and have had several more bouts ... Well, one reason is that there are different kinds of flu, just as there are different kinds of pneumonia, and they vary in severity. ... When I get a flu shot or a pneumonia shot, I don't get it so that I don't get the disease, I get it so that I don't die of the disease. ... I'm not so young anymore, and while my health is generally good, I've got a couple of little problems. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: OT your common cold cure
    ... I didn't know there was an age limit.. ... these days to get the vaccine after you have pneumonia the first time. ... I heard the shot to get for older people is the shot to prevent shingles. ... It is not illegal or immoral for a doctor or clinic to give a Shingles shot ...
    (rec.food.cooking)