Re: Exercising Self Control *was* Bernina 830 vs Elna 500

On 16/09/2010 03:02, Chemiker wrote:
On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:45:06 -0500, Chemiker
<prussianblue28@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:49:44 -0400, IMS wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:07:55 -0500, Chemiker
<prussianblue28@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Forgot to mention:

Had my hair cut today. Found out, talking about my impulse buy, that
she (hair stylist) was just getting starting in quilting. (!!) She's
been cutting my hair for 32 years! She just had to drag out a ziplock
of quilting squares for a project (for a new grandkid), based on "I
spy, with my little eye...". each square had a different motif. Some
were hot dogs, some were pickle chips, one was sock monkeys, another
was muffins with frosting and chocolate sprinkles, one was puppies,
and so on. These were 5 inch squares, and she doesn't even own a
machine yet! I gave her such encouragement as I could, not being into
quilting. I bragged on the Sistine chapel, and the Long Dog sampler..
(Cathy, KY/CA project). We now have a new topic for discussion.

My $60 is *well* spent.<G>

Alex, spreading the word!

And chances are, with an almost new machine, that it still has the original box for shipping... I have Lily's box, the 'retired' Huskylock is in it's original box, and I have the box and all the packing for both sergers...

If not, direct the sender to this: http://www.sew2go.com/packingseries.htm

While primarily aimed at packing vintage machines, what it says holds true for all machines that have lost their original packing.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  • Re: Exercising Self Control *was* Bernina 830 vs Elna 500
    ... Had my hair cut today. ... she was just getting starting in quilting. ... of quilting squares for a project, ... were hot dogs, some were pickle chips, one was sock monkeys, another ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Contest without end (Was: Keep those votes for Amy coming...)
    ... I'm getting quite a number from my original list down to two squares ... to be her bad hair, and which is her good hair? ... lefthand picture looks greasy, and she's as tan as a wallet (which I find a ... Vote for me to be a Finesse hair model! ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: Contest without end (Was: Keep those votes for Amy coming...)
    ... Amy Guskin wrote: ... I'm getting quite a number from my original list down to two squares ... Speaking of her, has anyone managed to figure out which is supposed to be her bad hair, and which is her good hair? ... I find it hard to tell which is the good hair photo for several of the contestants. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: Hair is all gone./chemo
    ... In The Netherlands ... so much quilting to reply. ... I was losing so much hair that I went to the barber shop this morning. ... I will wear a cap out but at home my ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)