Five minute chocolate cake.
- From: Olwyn Mary <Olwynmary@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:15:59 -0500
I got this one from a friend. He said he used slightly less sugar, therefore so did I, and he used raisins not chocolate chips. I didn't have any choc. chips on hand, so I also substituted raisins. I don't care much for vanilla, so I left that out. It works quite well, although I think it tastes rather more like a steamed chocolate pudding than like cake. Still, who's arguing?
I think that next time I will make it in a small glass mixing bowl, or a two-cup measuring cup so that it doesn't come right over the top. Also, this is for a 1000 W oven. Mine is larger, so I put it in for two minutes and watched it through the glass door. Two minutes was enough, three would have made it very tough in my oven.
It is also a two serving size IMO.
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
1. Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and
2. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
3. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and
4. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be
5. Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake
at any time of the day or night!