Five minute chocolate cake.

I got this one from a friend. He said he used slightly less sugar, therefore so did I, and he used raisins not chocolate chips. I didn't have any choc. chips on hand, so I also substituted raisins. I don't care much for vanilla, so I left that out. It works quite well, although I think it tastes rather more like a steamed chocolate pudding than like cake. Still, who's arguing?
I think that next time I will make it in a small glass mixing bowl, or a two-cup measuring cup so that it doesn't come right over the top. Also, this is for a 1000 W oven. Mine is larger, so I put it in for two minutes and watched it through the glass door. Two minutes was enough, three would have made it very tough in my oven.

It is also a two serving size IMO.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

1. Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and
mix thoroughly.
2. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
3. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and
mix again.
4. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000
watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be
alarmed!
5. Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more
virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake
at any time of the day or night!
______________________________________

  • Re: DANGEROUS CHOCOLATE CAKE-IN-A-MUG
    ... Jim for the next 24 hours you are officially my most favoritist person ... cake does the hula as it swells over the top of the cup and undulates ...  Add dry ingredients to mug, ...  instead of the chocolate chips). ...
    (alt.support.mult-sclerosis)
  • Re: Chocolate Coffee Cup Cake
    ... i had my doubts about so much cocoa powder with so little flour so checked ... Minute Chocolate Mug Cake ... T chocolate chips Yeah, ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Five minute chocolate cake.
    ... He said he used slightly less sugar, therefore so did I, and he used raisins not chocolate chips. ... although I think it tastes rather more like a steamed chocolate pudding than like cake. ... MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE ... tablespoons flour ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • five minute chocolate cake
    ... He said he used slightly less sugar, therefore so did I, and he used raisins not chocolate chips. ... although I think it tastes rather more like a steamed chocolate pudding than like cake. ... MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE ... tablespoons flour ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.yarn)
  • Re: Five minute chocolate cake.
    ... and he used raisins not chocolate chips. ... MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE ... tablespoons flour ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)