Re: Tension Problem

Remove the thread from the needle, lower presser foot, then pull on
thread. Should have LOTS of tension, but probably has next to none if
you are getting a bird's nest on the bottom.

FWIW, on sail cloth and using V-92 thread on a similar machine, I pass
the thread through two loops on the bar ahead of the tension control
and then use fairly tight tension. On the bobbin, I use quite tight
tension. On spinnaker cloth, I loosen up both tensions to keep the
cloth from puckering. In fact, I find spinnaker cloth a bit touchy on
this machine and often use my old Pfaff 130 for this.
.