Re: Tension Problem

Remove the thread from the needle, lower presser foot, then pull on
thread. Should have LOTS of tension, but probably has next to none if
you are getting a bird's nest on the bottom.

FWIW, on sail cloth and using V-92 thread on a similar machine, I pass
the thread through two loops on the bar ahead of the tension control
and then use fairly tight tension. On the bobbin, I use quite tight
tension. On spinnaker cloth, I loosen up both tensions to keep the
cloth from puckering. In fact, I find spinnaker cloth a bit touchy on
this machine and often use my old Pfaff 130 for this.

  • Re: How to make speed of DC motor match speed of another?
    ... to be able to pull this wire also at the tube exit at the same time to ... the speed of the tape is ... This way it applies as much tension as you need ... onto the wheel axle (best onto another wheel mounted so as to get the ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: How to make speed of DC motor match speed of another?
    ... to be able to pull this wire also at the tube exit at the same time to ... the speed of the tape is ... This way it applies as much tension as you need ... onto the wheel axle (best onto another wheel mounted so as to get the ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Bernina 2500dce vs. 2500dcet? Anyone know?
    ... Very few sergers automatically "unlock" the tension when you raise the pressure foot, ... if you are careful and tie a square knot in the needle threads you *may* be able to pull the thread right through the eyes of the needles. ... I cut the thread I'm done with off at the cone, load new cones, tie the two threads together, cut the needle threads close to the eyes and pull the looper threads through. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: On your stand?
    ... Nice riff if you can pull it off. ... I like to purposely play it in a halting manner that would probably ... cause you great tension and make you want to pull your hair out. ... but I can manage it down the neck in first position. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Extra fabric for framing
    ... May sale flyer. ... fabric and pull it out of shape. ... I like the tension I can maintain on larger ... It's up to you how tight you make them. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)