More progress on the kilt
- From: "BEI Design" <nobeidesignspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:06:34 -0700
The hip pleats are all sewn, and 6.5 yards (244 inches) of
hem are hand sewn with herringbone stitch. Whew! I was
thinking I would do only the top-apron hem by hand, but I
got on a roll. The hand stitching looks so much better than
a machine blind hem.
I just basted the deep pleat and the inverted pleat to the
aprons, skewing to keep the stripes lined up, and did a
Deep breath! Now I start cutting the excess fabric at the
top of the pleats. Here is where I really have to
concentrate, a mistake would be a disaster.
- Prev by Date: Re: time and cost to sew boxer shorts?
- Next by Date: Re: More progress on the kilt
- Previous by thread: Fantastic Butterflies- lots of free lace designs for quilt...
- Next by thread: Re: More progress on the kilt