Re: Pfaff Hobbylock 4842 Serger Presser Foot Lifter Problems

On Jan 9, 12:49 pm, "Ron Anderson" <r...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"mimiroses" <mimiro...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:d6058b93-7740-4f3e-84fb-14a5c9f9e466@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Hello Everyone

My Pfaff serger's presser foot lifter was disengaged somehow. When I
try to raise the presser foot, it won't work and there was a flap
coming out. I am hoping this is a rather easy problem to fix and won't
require a trip to repair shop.
Does anyone out there know how to fix this problem? Any suggestions
will be highly appreciated.

Vivian

It could be the lever, it is a press fit and could become stripped. Also
could be a loose set screw on the inner workings, or even a broken link. Not
easy to diagnose without seeing it.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153http://www.a1sewingmachine.com

Hi Ron

Thanks for trying to help me. Do you suppose I should bring my serger
in for the repair?
With all the possibilities, I don't think I can fix them myself.

Thanks,
Vivian
.