Re: Pfaff Hobbylock 4842 Serger Presser Foot Lifter Problems

On Jan 9, 12:49 pm, "Ron Anderson" <r...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"mimiroses" <mimiro...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:d6058b93-7740-4f3e-84fb-14a5c9f9e466@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Hello Everyone

My Pfaff serger's presser foot lifter was disengaged somehow. When I
try to raise the presser foot, it won't work and there was a flap
coming out. I am hoping this is a rather easy problem to fix and won't
require a trip to repair shop.
Does anyone out there know how to fix this problem? Any suggestions
will be highly appreciated.

It could be the lever, it is a press fit and could become stripped. Also
could be a loose set screw on the inner workings, or even a broken link. Not
easy to diagnose without seeing it.

Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153

Hi Ron

Thanks for trying to help me. Do you suppose I should bring my serger
in for the repair?
With all the possibilities, I don't think I can fix them myself.

Relevant Pages