Re: using curtain Cloth for summer skirts

mirjam@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am sewing summer skirts , a lot of times from Curtain cloth ,

When I started sewing in earnest (this was AFTER I had taken home ec for three years), my mom generously offered me the use of anything in her fabric stash -- which was home dec fabrics, because she was a home dec sewist as opposed to an apparel sewist.

I still love using drapery fabric for clothing, but I have learned not to tell employees of Calico Corners what I am planning on using their fabric for.

  • Re: using curtain Cloth for summer skirts
    ... On Jul 19, 10:52 am, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply ... When I started sewing in earnest (this was AFTER I had taken home ec for ... fabric stash -- which was home dec fabrics, because she was a home dec ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Choosing a machine
    ... like this machine to sew lighter weight fabrics as well. ... When it comes to sewing machines, it's hard to beat this Buying A ... fabrics you want to use (denim, curtain fabric, cotton, chiffon... ... includes: Impeccable straight stitch! ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Pinwheel Stack & Whack
    ... Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. ... or marked your sewing line accurately. ... Then, make very sure that you keep your seam allowance exact, especially ... Great fabrics and great color combinations. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: overlocks and sergers oh my !
    ... For stretch knits and Lycra fabrics, you will find a serger or overlocker invaluable. ... As with any type of sewing machine, you need to try before you buy to make sure that it 'fits' you and the way you want to sew, can cope with what you want to feed through it, and does what you need it to do. ... for the successful sewing of knits and Lycra fabrics, it is essential to use the correct type of needle. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: need LOTS of help picking a machine
    ... You really must test whichever one you think you like. ... sewing for over 40 years. ... I sew a project for 10 hours a day for several ... also work with silky fabrics all the way to rolled denim. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)