making the best of

I made myself a lovely `Indian Cotton` shirt. It is a soft cloth with
some machinal embroidered flowers. I made a shirt for me , than one
for a friend , and than i thought i might somehow squeeze a third one
for another friend,, in this materials i usually finish the shoulder
seam with a French seam. I happily sewed it and when folding it ,,
noticed that the shoulder seam was inside out ,,, brrrrrrr ripping it
is hard the cotton softly woven will unravel ,,,,,, so What should i
do ,,, as i had to go to an apointment of sorsts i took some threads
with me and while waiting embroidered a lace of sorts over the upside
down seam ,,,,, the shirt now looks very nice ,,
mirjam

  • Re: making the best of
    ... some machinal embroidered flowers. ... I made a shirt for me, ... for a friend, and than i thought i might somehow squeeze a third one ... seam with a French seam. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: shirt project
    ... Pretty straight forward dress shirt. ... seam up the middle of the yoke. ... When I made my ls striped shirt and felled the sleeve seam so it would look neat when the sleeves are rolled up, I stitched about half, then started again from the other end. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: shirt project
    ... making a dress shirt that will fit my DH. ... I really like the look and description of that pattern, ... a CB seam up the middle of the yoke. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: can someone answer me please- hood on shirt
    ... do after I add a hood on a shirt. ... Am I suppose to sew something over ... the seam or leave the seam with rough edges? ... I've been sewing for more than 65 years and the only timeI added a hood ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • shirt project
    ... shirts are a pain to find that fit well. ... Pretty straight forward dress shirt. ... seam up the middle of the yoke. ...
    (alt.sewing)