Re: Hemming problem

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:43:08 -0700, BEI Design wrote:

It is certainly high enough, and I could get about 70% of
each leg marked.... So, why wouldn't it?

One portion of the chalk hem-marker goes *inside* the
garment being marked, and the hinged chalk-dispensing part
is outside. You pull the chalk-dispensing (hereinafter
called CD) part to make contact with the garment *and* the
inside-the-garment post and squeeze a bulb to puff chalk
onto the garment. I'm just not sure how well the "inside"
part would move around your leg *inside* a pants leg, and I
know from my own experience that aiming the CD gizmo gets
more and more difficult as the whole apparatus moves around
behind you (or you move in a tight circle around it). In
addition, you have the problem of guiding it around your
shoes. As I said, I have used one, but only for skirts, so
perhaps I'm over-thinking this.

Beverly, liking Kay's method more all the time....

OK, I can deal with the shoes, but I don't understand what goes
inside the skirt/pants. Perhaps it's been redesigned? I clicked on the
instruction sheet from the like you sent me, and don't what you mean -
but then again, it's just a basic line drawing. Would you take a look,
please (it's an Adobe PDF file) and let me know? Thanks.

http://www.prymdritz.net/brands/dritz/products/dr699_ip.pdf
--
Ciao,

Serge

little, the cats become its visible soul.”
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

7/18/2008 1:27:17 PM

  • Re: OMG! OMG! OMG! Archer Broke His Leg!!!
    ... our dog broke her leg, noticed "if it really hurt, she didn't do it. ... Cats are pretty smart one would think if it hurt they wouldn't do it. ... I thought the cage would do the trick, but guess what - he's climbing up ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Need advice helping splinted cat
    ... leg. ... Apparently the BB fractured the bone just below the knee. ... I hope you made a report to the police. ... "Life without cats would be only marginally worth living." ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Mr. Oreo wants attention NOW
    ... One of the cats who come to our door is a hefty coal black and cream white ... cat who I call Mr. Oreo. ... He has a deep, rumbly purr. ... When I started to go back inside, Mr. Oreo grabbed my leg with both front ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Need opinions
    ... I have 7 cats of my own, and so sequestered her in my master bedroom, ... Apparently, one of my kids was out in the yard, playing (the yard is ... My leg also began to seriously bleed. ... the ear deformity a reason to euthanize). ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Fighting Depression
    ... I currently have 4 cats outside and 2 inside. ... that rescued cats and also occasionally would help with finances of a ... we've hit rock bottom. ... fellow, Smokie, has a hurt front leg - we think it's either a birth ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)