Re: New weskit

Mary Fisher wrote:

For Christmas I made lots of shopping bags from beautiful furnishing
samples and gave them to family and friends.

One piece of cloth was far too good to use for a bag or cushion cover so
this is what it is now.

It was Spouse's birthday yesterday and he's delighted with the result - he
had no idea it was being made :-)

Mary

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1q1paf&s=3

Great work, Mary!! Fits him wonderfully well. And you're right, that
fabric was way too good for shopping bags. :)

Sharon
--
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the
pig.

  • Re: New weskit
    ... Mary Fisher wrote: ... One piece of cloth was far too good to use for a bag or cushion cover so this is what it is now. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: New weskit
    ... Mary Fisher wrote: ... One piece of cloth was far too good to use for a bag or cushion cover so this is what it is now. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: a lot of pork
    ... If you're breeding swine and buy a pig in a poke you may be ... bag to inspect it. ... It was formerly the trick of the countrymen to substitute a cat ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: poke
    ... > and "poke sack". ... and in the phrase "Letting the cat out of the bag" we are reminded ... folks to substitute a cat for a sucking pig, and bring it in a bag ... poke'", not "'buying a pig in a poke'" as it would be today, so ...
    (alt.usage.english)