Re: Mending clothes by hand

"The Wanderer" <the.wanderer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ucdpw0q0y9z8.eufyq557zf8c.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:26:46 -0700, Pogonip wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Pogonip" <nobody3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
Cue for members to claim they have silent machines :-)

Mary
My treadle machines make a very soothing clickety-clack.

The one I used to use did too and it wasn't unpleasant - but it
interfered
with my radio listening (plays and other voice-based programmes).

Hand sewing, apart from being very satisfying, is an excuse to sit and
relax
while enjoying the radio.

I do a lot of knitting too and have a machine. Guess how I knit!

:-)

Mary

*sigh* You're a luddite? OK, you sew by hand, and knit by hand....do
you own a food processor but never use it?

Now that made Oi chuckle.......[1]

[1] For our cousins across the pond, 'Oi' is a broad English dialect
rendering of 'I'. Was used in a comedy series on UK TV

It's VERY regional. It's not used in Yorkshire :-)

.