Re: Mending clothes by hand

"The Wanderer" <the.wanderer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ucdpw0q0y9z8.eufyq557zf8c.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:26:46 -0700, Pogonip wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Pogonip" <nobody3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
Cue for members to claim they have silent machines :-)

Mary
My treadle machines make a very soothing clickety-clack.

The one I used to use did too and it wasn't unpleasant - but it
interfered
with my radio listening (plays and other voice-based programmes).

Hand sewing, apart from being very satisfying, is an excuse to sit and
relax
while enjoying the radio.

I do a lot of knitting too and have a machine. Guess how I knit!

:-)

Mary

*sigh* You're a luddite? OK, you sew by hand, and knit by hand....do
you own a food processor but never use it?

Now that made Oi chuckle.......[1]

[1] For our cousins across the pond, 'Oi' is a broad English dialect
rendering of 'I'. Was used in a comedy series on UK TV

It's VERY regional. It's not used in Yorkshire :-)

  • Re: Mending clothes by hand
    ... with my radio listening (plays and other voice-based programmes). ... Hand sewing, apart from being very satisfying, is an excuse to sit and relax ... the dot wanderer at tesco dot net ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Mending clothes by hand
    ... interfered with my radio listening (plays and other voice-based ... Hand sewing, apart from being very satisfying, is an excuse to sit and ... No, I'm not a Luddite, nor a Chartist, nor a Leveller or any other of the ... Oh - and I cook all our own food from raw ingredients - even grow some of ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Mending clothes by hand
    ... interfered with my radio listening (plays and other voice-based ... Hand sewing, apart from being very satisfying, is an excuse to sit and ... sauces, for example), but some are more satisfying done by hand (cutting ... tomatoes into lilies for a buffet, cutting potato wedges... ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Mending clothes by hand
    ... My treadle machines make a very soothing clickety-clack. ... with my radio listening. ... Hand sewing, apart from being very satisfying, is an excuse to sit and relax while enjoying the radio. ...
    (alt.sewing)