Re: Mending clothes by hand

"The Wanderer" <the.wanderer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:q63afp4c57v8.nvi5t43t4th2.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 21 Apr 2008 02:42:03 GMT, Kay Lancaster wrote:

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:09:56 -0400, Red <red@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How hard is it to learn how to sew by hand? I want to mend some of my
work clothes without bying a sewing machine.

Not hard.

I'll second that, but it does help to get decent needles matched to what
you're trying to do/sew.

Agreed.

Don't be tempted to pull off loooong lengths of thread, it'll knot and
tangle and you'll very quickly lose patience!

That's the best piece of advice, most beginners (and some more experienced!)
think that it will same time if they use a long length of thread. My rule
when teaching is never more than 18".

I only sew by hand and thoroughly enjoy it, machine sewing is boring as well
as noisy!

Cue for members to claim they have silent machines :-)

Mary

--
Richard - The older I get, the better I used to be!

the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

.