Vest is DONE!
- From: "BEI Design" <nobeidesignspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:55:56 -0700
I'm leaving right now to deliver it to DGD, she has another
I decided to make eyelets using the embroidery machine. (Ok
Kate, I have *serious* eyelet envy ATM). I created a
several step process:
Sewed a 1" "+" at the center of the eyelet with the regular
SM to a piece of tear-away stabilizer (because it's velvet I
can't actually hoop the fabric);
Hooped just the stabilizer, started the design, first step
of which was a small circle;
Removed the hoop, used a leather punch to make a hole in the
exact center of the circle;
Replaced the hoop sewed a slightly larger circle to be sure
It was still centered;
Sewed two circles of satin stitch, second one slightly wider
than the first.
I ran into a couple of problems, apparently fuzz got into
the bobbin (hate that clunk-grind-stop thingy) and I had to
dismantle the bobbin and clean it out.
But other than that, the eyelets look great, I used
embroidery poly in the bobbin and regular SM thread on top
for a better color match. I'll make a couple of changes
next time, but SUCCESS!
Now on to the navy suit....
- Prev by Date: Re: Singer 337 Rescued from trash
- Next by Date: Re: Vest is DONE!
- Previous by thread: Where is everyone
- Next by thread: Re: Vest is DONE!