Re: Sewing with a Mannequin

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
J. Good wrote:

Hello all!

I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have decided to go for it. Unfortunately on-line research turned up very little. Do any of you use a mannequin, and if so, could you offer some suggestions regarding their usefulness and which features (or brands) I might look for?

Thanks for any help!

Jan

I have a whole family of them! But I do work as a professional dressmaker. They are very useful, but NOT a substitute for a proper fitting. I like the Adjustaform ones best: my oldest is over 25 years old, well used, and still working well, though in need of a couple of minor repairs.

Do you send it to a body shop for that? *G,D,R*
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

  • Re: Sewing with a Mannequin
    ... Pogonip wrote: ... I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have decided to go for it. ... Do any of you use a mannequin, and if so, could you offer some suggestions regarding their usefulness and which features I might look for? ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Sewing with a Mannequin
    ... I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have decided to go for it. ... Do any of you use a mannequin, and if so, could you offer some suggestions regarding their usefulness and which features I might look for? ... I like the Adjustaform ones best: my oldest is over 25 years old, well used, and still working well, though in need of a couple of minor repairs. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Sewing with a Mannequin
    ... Thanks for replying, Kate. ... Do you have any that use dials for adjusting? ... I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have ... suggestions regarding their usefulness and which features I ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Sewing with a Mannequin
    ... I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have ... regarding their usefulness and which features (or brands) I might look for? ...
    (alt.sewing)