Re: Sewing with a Mannequin

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
J. Good wrote:

Hello all!

I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have decided to go for it. Unfortunately on-line research turned up very little. Do any of you use a mannequin, and if so, could you offer some suggestions regarding their usefulness and which features (or brands) I might look for?

Thanks for any help!

Jan

I have a whole family of them! But I do work as a professional dressmaker. They are very useful, but NOT a substitute for a proper fitting. I like the Adjustaform ones best: my oldest is over 25 years old, well used, and still working well, though in need of a couple of minor repairs.

Do you send it to a body shop for that? *G,D,R*
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com