Re: Sewing with a Mannequin

J. Good wrote:
Hello all!

I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have decided to go for it. Unfortunately on-line research turned up very little. Do any of you use a mannequin, and if so, could you offer some suggestions regarding their usefulness and which features (or brands) I might look for?

Thanks for any help!

Jan

I have a whole family of them! But I do work as a professional dressmaker. They are very useful, but NOT a substitute for a proper fitting. I like the Adjustaform ones best: my oldest is over 25 years old, well used, and still working well, though in need of a couple of minor repairs.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  • Re: Sewing with a Mannequin
    ... Pogonip wrote: ... I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have decided to go for it. ... Do any of you use a mannequin, and if so, could you offer some suggestions regarding their usefulness and which features I might look for? ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Sewing with a Mannequin
    ... Kate ... I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have decided to go for it. ... Do any of you use a mannequin, and if so, could you offer some suggestions regarding their usefulness and which features I might look for? ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Sewing with a Mannequin
    ... I've been wanting an adjustable sewing mannequin for ages now and have ... regarding their usefulness and which features (or brands) I might look for? ...
    (alt.sewing)