Re: OT- ping anybritish/aussie sewers

"sugrifin" <sugrifin@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:13ktfk02bh30idf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I love lurking on this list and know there are sewists from all over.
I homeschool and one of the assignments I gave was to write a report on
the
political relationship that exists today between Britain and Canada and
Australia. We could find nothing. DO they pay taxes to Britain? Do they
have
representaion in British parliment ? and etc.

LOL! No, we UK taxpayers get no help from Canada or Australia :-) Not that
we should! Nor does any other country have represenmtation in Parliament.

Have a looko at http://www.thecommonwealth.org/ or Google for other sites by
searching for 'Commonwealth'.

I am going thru my sewing room and getting rid of all evidence of pigs in
preparation for the new year!! Too much work!!

I can understand trying to get rid of moth but PIGS???

Mary

  • Re: Hollywood versus the English speaking world
    ... importing as many TV shows as it can from the rest of the English speaking ... Such as Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, Britain. ... I would expect that Britain would have a lot of decent shows but I've ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: OT- ping anybritish/aussie sewers
    ... DO they pay taxes to Britain? ... representaion in British parliment? ... we UK taxpayers get no help from Canada or Australia :-) Not that ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: OT- ping anybritish/aussie sewers
    ... DO they pay taxes to Britain? ... representaion in British parliment? ... we UK taxpayers get no help from Canada or Australia :-) Not ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Its open season on crooks down here in Texas
    ... #6 United States: 7.56923 per 1,000 people ... #9 Canada: 7.11834 per 1,000 people ... #10 Australia: 7.02459 per 1,000 people ... Assault victims by countryhttp://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_ass_vic-crime-assault-victims ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Canadians should react to Cronullas Race Riots
    ... >As you may not know, Canada is a peaceful, multiculturalism-based ... >a black Canadian born in Haiti. ... >for any Australians that are members of "Australia First Party", ... Maybee you could ask the residents of Cronulla, who have had this gang ...
    (soc.culture.australian)