Re: Spamming sewing list

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
sewgirls.com wrote:

We are trying to do our best to rid THIS group from spam

Uh, that is an impossible task, as you have no power to stop it. You can filter out the spam so it doesn't go on your web-based ported interface, but navigating a web-based interface is still going to take lots longer than using a regular newsreader.

Too right. Spam is just a fact, as is junk mail in the mailbox. If you don't obsess over either, and just keep a "circular file" handy, it's not such a big deal. The only ones that bother me are those that use a misleading subject line. And it's a minor irritant because as soon as I see what it is, it goes straight to trash. Keep it up, and I make a filter.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

  • Re: Spamming sewing list
    ... Uh, that is an impossible task, as you have no power to stop it. ... You can filter out the spam so it doesn't go on your web-based ported interface, but navigating a web-based interface is still going to take lots longer than using a regular newsreader. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: unwanted spam
    ... If most of your spam is predictable in that it always comes from the same ... you can set up a filter to just trash the messages. ... Spam Pal then goes out to your actual mail server on port 110 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • spam on this group
    ... lots and lots of spam and trash on this group. ... Let's start all subject lines with "boats:" that way we can filter out the trash just by sorting and reading the subject line... ...
    (rec.boats.building)
  • Re: Why cant ISPs stop spam/virus ?!
    ... I don't doubt that a small load of well designed spam can pass through. ... You need to get a decent ISP. ... The method of distribution is now thousands of Windows computers, ... You cannot filter by place of origin. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: Bystander shot by a spam filter.
    ... Bystander shot by a spam filter. ... bad advice is being mass marketed through the good offices of FreeBSD, ... Spambouncer doesn't like Inflow. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)