Re: help me with easy girl pattern?

Beth In Alaska wrote:
I have set up a homemade gift exchange for my online mommys group and I gave myself a GIRL to make something for.
I do mostly applique stuff on tshirts for my son and am just learning to sew, but I'm thinking I'd like to make her a simple top and applique it.

I was thinking something tunic-y? Or a little aline top might be relatively simple? Something with enough flat real estate to do a nice animal applique (the girl loves rhinos,so I'm considering a rhino).

How about one of these:

http://www.simplicity.com/assets/6747/6747.jpg

http://www.simplicity.com/assets/5284/5284.jpg

http://www.dotsnstripes.co.uk/view_product.cfm?id=150

http://www.dotsnstripes.co.uk/view_product.cfm?id=281

Ottobre also do a magazine: http://www.ottobredesign.com/

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  • Re: help me with easy girl pattern?
    ... I do mostly applique stuff on tshirts for my son and am just learning to sew, but I'm thinking I'd like to make her a simple top and applique it. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: help me with easy girl pattern?
    ... I do mostly applique stuff on tshirts for my son and am just learning to sew, but I'm thinking I'd like to make her a simple top and applique it. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: help me with easy girl pattern?
    ... I do mostly applique stuff on tshirts for my son and am just learning to sew, but I'm thinking I'd like to make her a simple top and applique it. ... Is the lettuce edge difficult? ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: help me with easy girl pattern?
    ... I do mostly applique stuff on tshirts for my son and am just learning to sew, but I'm thinking I'd like to make her a simple top and applique it. ... The lettuce edge is easy. ...
    (alt.sewing)