Re: help me with easy girl pattern?

Beth In Alaska wrote:
I have set up a homemade gift exchange for my online mommys group and I gave myself a GIRL to make something for.
I do mostly applique stuff on tshirts for my son and am just learning to sew, but I'm thinking I'd like to make her a simple top and applique it.

I was thinking something tunic-y? Or a little aline top might be relatively simple? Something with enough flat real estate to do a nice animal applique (the girl loves rhinos,so I'm considering a rhino).

How about one of these:

Ottobre also do a magazine:

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!