Re: I made a nice "duvet" cover

Mary Fisher wrote:

I intended using my stash of fabric to make reusable shopping bags, you can have too many patchwork duvet covers - I have!

Mary

My usual supermarket pays 5 cents per bag when you bring your own. Years ago, I made six from canvas remnants found at the Mill End store. My market has paid for them many times over. I should make some new ones, but there's nothing wrong with this lot! Except they won't stand up nicely like the paper bags, nor do they hang on the rack where the plastic store bags do. I refuse to starch and iron them for the bagger's convenience. ;-)
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

  • Re: New Dollar Coin in 2009 will bear image of Lincoln, and will only be issued in exchange for a ro
    ... bags of cents in the publics hands, ... a lot more money just to transport and handle any ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: Beryllium Is Not A Cryp Shot Spell
    ... today it seems to be at ten cents i have a few remaining clue me if ya think ... spontaneously) gave out bags of food ... An audience member would subsequently walk up and give a bag to Mitt ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: Price Comparison between Ace Hardware & Lowes
    ... that only had a Mom/Pop hardware store. ... The owner would buy ... then repackage them in individual plastic bags. ... Price two for 89 cents. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Beryllium Is Not A Cryp Shot Spell
    ... today it seems to be at ten cents i have a few remaining clue me if ya think ... spontaneously) gave out bags of food ... An audience member would subsequently walk up and give a bag to Mitt ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • The score at the store is not always a score
    ... The other day I was in Sprouts and they were closing out 2 #2 bags of real Arborio rice at 99 cents per bag. ... I gobbled up the bags. ... So 1.50 worth of chicken stock about $3.00 worth of parmesan reggiano and 4.00 worth of Gorgonzola and a couple of bucks of mushrooms later I made good use of my 75 cents of bargain rice. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)