Re: Some lessons you just learn the hard way...

Doreen wrote:
We have a new granddaughter born tonight; everyone is
fine. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful.

But. For many months, ever since it was learned that the
baby-to-be was a girl, her name has been ____ ____. When
they called tonight, "Oh, by the way, we decided to
change her name to ____ ____."
I *did* wait til last week to make the label for her
quilt. Most of my quilt labels are simple...of all
times, this was one I tried to make a little pretty:

http://pair.com/threets/label.jpg (some info airbrushed
out)

Very pretty. Will you have to replace the whole panel?

ACK!!! From now on, wait until the birth certificate is
completed!

I liked it better when expectant parents either did not know
or did not SHARE the gender/name of their future child. I
cannot see how having that information *before* the child is
born is necessary anyone except for the two parents. My
niece is expecting her first child in December, she either
does not know or will not share information about the baby's
gender. I applaud her. My brother is livid. :-|

Beverly

  • Re: Some lessons you just learn the hard way...
    ... I liked it better when expectant parents either did not know or did not SHARE the gender/name of their future child. ... If sonograms had been available when we were having children, I don't know whether I'd have chosen to learn the gender of my babies ahead of time. ... It does seem practical, and surely simplifies the life of a new mom by eliminating the necessity for exchanging some gifts, but in a way it's like knowing what your Christmas gifts are before opening them, isn't it? ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Some lessons you just learn the hard way...
    ... or did not SHARE the gender/name of their future child. ... I cannot see how having that information *before* the child is born is necessary anyone except for the two parents. ... DH knew with DS1 but kept his mouth shut until after the baby was born beacuse I didn't want to know. ... Your brother will get over it in December I'm sure. ...
    (alt.sewing)