Re: more serger help

"BEI Design" <nobeidesignspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:rcednSfZV5pVbXvbnZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beth In Alaska wrote:

I have no idea what I mean. In another place onlinne
they told me that its difficult to sew with!! Harder to
get the correct tension is what I expect they mean.

;-) Do not believe everything you read online. In my experience,
adjusting tension for wooly nylon in no more difficult than for any other
thread. I make it a habit to test thread tension on the actual fabric I'm
going to be using *every* time I start a new project

I'm hoping my manual will help clear things up for me a little.

Thanks Beverly!

  • Re: more serger help
    ... they told me that its difficult to sew with!! ... get the correct tension is what I expect they mean. ... test thread tension on the actual fabric I'm going to be ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: another basic question
    ... began to sew. ... Probably a top tension adjustment needed: with heavier fabrics, ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Another new thing tried
    ... I can't answer the free motion questions, but I can answer the "what do you ... do if you want to sew something else" question. ... since I had a dark thread on the back and it kept coming ... I changed the tension a bit each way and I couldn't figure ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Alloy Nipples@#$%^&*&^!!!!!!
    ... correct tension. ... I also tried the DT 3 cornered spoke wrench. ... tension vs. a brass nipple. ... That's what I feared until I tried them (DT alloy nipples on front wheel). ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: My first quilt
    ... My tip - don't get so worried that you can't enjoy the making if this most special of all your quilts. ... Tension is bad; correct tension in a sewing machine, of course, is good>g< ... I'm starting my first project this weekend, ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)