Re: Scissors / shears suggestion
- From: "BEI Design" <nobeidesignspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:25:59 -0700
Maiara Bojan wrote:
I've finally given up looking for the 1960s vintage
Singer shears I had, so I now have an excuse to go
shopping. I'm not looking for cheap disposable scissors,
I'm looking for something that do the job for the next 40
years if I live that long :-)
I may as well go whole hog and get a nice set that
includes the dressmaker's shears, embroidery scissors
(the straight ones about 7 or 8 inches long), and a
thread nipper to keep by the sewing machine. I'm quite
willing to pay for quality and durability.
Any brand names to consider or avoid?
I love all four sets of my Gingher scissors.
I have two pair of 8" dressmaker, one "knife" blade the
other "serrated", and two pair of 4" embroidery scissors,
which have very sharp points. They are a little pricey, but
if you use a % off coupon at TSWLTH (JoAnn Crafts
they are well worth the cost, IMHO. (I think that works for
you, you're in the USA?)
I have several pair of Fiskars, which are Ok, but they are
mostly back ups in case I damage my Ginghers.
- Prev by Date: Re: iron on transfer
- Next by Date: Re: Scissors / shears suggestion
- Previous by thread: Re: Scissors / shears suggestion
- Next by thread: Re: Scissors / shears suggestion