Re: Might buy first serger soon...

lldelso wrote:
Emily & Irene- Thanks for the good advice! Good call about test-
driving them! Will do! Thanks also Irene for the list of links, I will
read up and take a few for a whirl around the block!
Take care,
-Laura

Laura,While your testing them out check out what goodies you get with it. Service, classes, how interested the dealer is in fitting the machine to you and not just making a big sale.
When I bought my serger, the biggest selling point for me was that the sales lady questioned me very carefully as to my needs and then spent more than an hour letting me try out the machine she recommended.After I made my purchase the store also made sure I got a brand new out of the sealed box machine that they opened in front of me, gave me several classes as I progressed in my ability to use the machine and a 10% discount every time I bought fabric, patterns and thread. They also gave me a couple of gift certificates and will mail any supplies I need if I call. That's a really big plus because with the price of gas at $3.22 a gallon I hate making a trip to the store. It's a 25 mile round trip for me.
Juno

  • Re: Extreme Couponing
    ... literally drive from his house to Santa Barbara (300 mile round trip) ... I tend to shop where I am at unless I find the prices to be waaay too high. ... When I lived on a military base and the store was within walking distance, ... they were often out of things but what they did have for sale was ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Astronomy vendors and their "sales"
    ... electronics store in my area that was closing down a few years back. ... Signs all over read "Liquidation Sale." ... What Circuit City is doing now, though, I don't get. ... knew Circuit City was going out of business, I decided to make a trek ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: I found MECCA today, Long, but on topic.
    ... it is like a salvation army store, dollar store, and estate sale combined ... For the books section, I have spent only $10-20 for up to $2000 retail, ... Individual charts are sold at 49-99 cents each, ... had their annual yard sale. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
    ... big lots furniture store ... big lots discount store online ... big river lots for sale ...
    (rec.travel.air)
  • Re: Food prices are getting idiculous
    ... teaching folks how to grocery shop. ... clases on how to shop and eat well on a very limited budget. ... if I know something is on sale at a certain ... bargain in the one grocery store in town, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)