Re: Our sewing has been nominated for an award!

IMS wrote:
Larry Green wrote:
I made a step-by-step build log of the entire process that ran to a total of 21 pages and has received more than 6,000 views to date and can be seen here....

http://www.kitebuilder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3112

Wow, that's pretty cool. How big is it?

It's 8 ft. (2.4 M) from point to point (diagonally or across the middle of the kite as it flys with the flat face to the top rather than a point) and covers an area of roughly 41.6 sq.ft. (3.9 sq.M). It contains more than 350 individual pieces of fabric, reinforcement, edge binding, grosgrain ribbon and twill tape.

That's not the biggest kite we have built to date either. These.....

http://tinyurl.com/gyo5f

..... are 14.5 ft. (4.4 M) from wing tip to wing tip and stand 6 ft. (1.8 M) tall including the tail.

--
Larry Green
a.k.a The Wizard