Re: Elna Supermatic Won't Light Up.

Kate Dicey wrote:

Calpol, a doze of Karvol on the pillow (I used to put it
on an old towel), and a dudicious application of the
rubber mallet... ;)

Translation, please? I know your message must have some hidden
meaning, but I cannot locate my decoder ring...

Beverly

  • Re: Problem in Italian Translation of the Quran
    ... is a notion of "truth" in that word which does not translate smoothly. ... says on the basis of someone's translation alone. ... name shall be John. ... This dual meaning is achieved in Arabic through the use of the ...
    (soc.religion.islam)
  • Re: I need some help from native speakers of Japanese
    ... Probably this Ray is a linguist, who needs Japanese translation only to ... example with clear meaning. ... I appreciated your translation of that post into English. ... It's impossible to tranlate a sentense without ...
    (sci.lang.japan)
  • Re: "I am both Muslim and Christian" Rev Ann Holmes Redding
    ... people who believe Jesus was a an imposter. ... presume they have the same meaning in both languages. ... The English word "begotten" is the translation of a Greek term which, ... Mark 7:16 -- COMPLETELY removed ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: edict lookup methods, and a list of problematic RPG-item names
    ... I can see that I've got a long, laborious session of translation ahead ... seems entirely appropriate for a piece of protective gear. ... but it's probably not coming from English. ... clear meaning for the whole phrase or a good way to put it in English. ...
    (sci.lang.japan)
  • Re: Funny warning on my new Dell laptop
    ... Don't you even know what the saying "lost in translation" means? ... that the meaning is lost in a literal translation. ... I didn't claim this particular sentence was perfectly correct english. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)