How useful is a serger
- From: "Moanna" <moanna1534@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 19 Aug 2006 08:01:09 -0700
I recently bought a Singer Quantum to replace the Singer I bought when
I graduated from high school in 1968. While I was in the store
learning to use the new stitches, another woman was getting a lesson on
a serger. This is something I've always thought only professionals
used. Now I want a serger. But do I need one? I sew a little, maybe
once a month. I make non-tailored clothing, drapes, curtains, quilts,
pillows, baby clothes. I use the overcast stitch to finish the fabric
edges. Are there uses for a serger beyond finishing edges (assuming
that's the primary purpose)? I woulda asked the sales person except I
was afraid she'd sell me one before I had time to justify the
extravagance. It just looked like fun. So I'm asking, is it a toy or
- Prev by Date: Probably OT - Good service!
- Next by Date: Re: HOT* - Horribly Off Topic - food?
- Previous by thread: Probably OT - Good service!
- Next by thread: Re: How useful is a serger