Re: Success with my walking foot

Michael Daly wrote:

small change wrote:

"Taunto" <nope@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:44e3e642$0$34517$742ec2ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What's a good liner fabric that won't abrade my camera?

fleece

If he's using this case in the outdoors, fleece will tend to pick up dust and sand - not good for a camera. That'll take a while, of course, but a camera case isn't the sort of thing you launder. Maybe a flannel type fleece would work, but I think a smooth fabric would be better.

Mike

Camera Care Systems and others use nylon taffeta. CCS are waterproofed Cordura on the outside. We have quite a few of their bags and find them excellent (Alan drags them up and down mountains in the wet), and if I ever need to make a bag for a particular camera project, they are what I shall use as a model. Some of out CCS bags are now over 20 years old and still good as new. They don't use closed cell foam for padding as far as I can tell (too squishy). One of the other bags he has uses closed cell foam for moveable inserts so you can divide the bag into different sized areas depending on what you want to carry.

I don't think I'd bother making camera bags when there are such good ones out there: NOT cost effective when I factor the time in. I might spend 40 hours on getting a good bag, and I could buy a hell of a lot of camera bags for the £800 that time represents!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  • Re: Pearl Harbor Restrictions?
    ... Any reason I can't bring it on a tour ... Based on the 'no bags' reports, I took a P&S with me to the Arizona ... I carry a fairly large bag loaded with camera ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)
  • Re: Trip Report - Key Largo
    ... limit per bag, only 2 bags... ... extra for the camera case... ... moving around on the trip. ... Bonaire are first class in all but the originating leg. ...
    (rec.scuba)
  • Re: How to place camera in bag, lens down or lens to side
    ... bag lens down, LCD up, its better for the camera. ... I have several of the older bags where the SLR is placed on its ... That 'walking-around' kit could easily be supplemented by a decent-size shoulder bag with the big iron - I mean 'glass' - which is also accessible without putting anything down. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Photo tips for Antarctica?
    ... would be useful (filters, tripods, plastic bags, clothing, remote ... minimize air, as any air can include moisture. ... Do take a backup camera. ... any LCD views if the camera gets too cold. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Is a daypack a bad idea in England, France or Italy?
    ... water bottle and e.g. clothes for entering churches while in ... anyone tell me what entry issues I might expect at places like St. ... Spain, x-rays for bags are common on the AVE services, though I've yet ... a little hip pack where I could stuff my camera. ...
    (rec.travel.europe)