Re: Any recommendations for a "skort" pattern?

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply"
<mmeahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Doreen wrote:

I think you're right; otherwise the skirt part would be likely
to ride up. I would be tempted to order one to examine, and
then send it back. Would that be unethical? It should be
lightweight enough to go for the Priority Mail minimum, in one
of the USPS's tyvek PM envelopes.

Probably. I'd be more tempted to go scour the pattern books to
find something like it. Or you could just cut a pair of shorts
out, cut a skirt an inch or two longer and copy the same
waistband shape, and put both on one waistband.

That's what I think I'll end up doing. I did find Vogue 8018,
McCalls 4867 or 3677, or KwikSew 3316, but none are *exactly*
what I need.

It's a really cute garment, although as Jessamy said, not
fashioned like most skorts I've seen. One thing for sure,
Beverly's yoke seam won't have a washboard effect like the
skort in the picture (it really shows up in the enlarged
view).

Yeah. I've seen wrap-flap-in-the-front types and ones that
look like a skirt with looooong slits on the sides that show
the shorts, too, but I think I like those even better.

This young lady gets what *she* wants or it will languish in the
back of the closet. ;-) I don't care to spend my time sewing
for her and not having the result be something she'll be happy to
say "Thanks, my Grandmother made it!" I was delighted the other
day, when I showed up over there and she was wearing a t-shirt we
embroidered with multi-colored hearts for Valentines day. She
still wears the denim jacket, on the back of which we embroidered
an Arabian horse, even though it's getting too small.

Beverly

  • Re: Any recommendations for a "skort" pattern?
    ... Or you could just cut a pair of shorts out, cut a skirt an inch or two longer and copy the same waistband shape, and put both on one waistband. ... most skorts I've seen. ... I've seen wrap-flap-in-the-front types and ones that look like a skirt with looooong slits on the sides that show the shorts, too, but I think I like those even better. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Any recommendations for a "skort" pattern?
    ... DGD loves skorts, she can be pretty-short-skirt-feminine and a ... DGD is almost 11, quite slim, ... skirt below that. ... Question is, how/where are the "shorts" ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Any recommendations for a "skort" pattern?
    ... I've looked online at the big three plus Kwik Sew and I'm ... She really want the bias yoke, and I'll make a 3-1 pleated skirt ... how/where are the "shorts" attached? ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Any recommendations for a "skort" pattern?
    ... otherwise the skirt part would be likely to ride up. ... The LE description says the shorts are made of a soft knit...that would cut down on bulk, but might make them more likely to be mistaken for underwear, too! ... It's a really cute garment, although as Jessamy said, not fashioned like most skorts I've seen. ... Beverly's yoke seam won't have a washboard effect like the skort in the picture. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Puppies
    ... off-base on that. ... A fuller skirt worn with flat boots and bike shorts ... Bike shorts under a wrapped skirt. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)