Re: Collar question.

Cindy wrote:

Thank Kate. No, its just a simple type of collar.

Cindy
"Kate Dicey" <kate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:44705c97$0$2655$ed2619ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cindy wrote:

I made in the middle of making a men's collared shirt and have a question.
The pattern calls of interfacing to be placed on one of the two pieces forming this collar. When the two are placed right sides together, stitched, inverted to right-side out then pressed. Which is the best side to stitch to the neck first , the collar side with or without the interfacing? Which would give the best results?
Am I being as clear as mud here?? :)

Thanks

Cindy

Depends... Does it have a separate collar stand?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Personally, I'd place the interfaced side so it was hidden and attach the side that will fold out and show first...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  • Re: two questions
    ... dress shirt for my better half. ... My question though, is about interfacing. ... slightly INSIDE the seam allowance such that the interfacing doesn't ... Yes, except for the collar points, the interfacing is sewn in the seam. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.sewing)
  • Re: 3:15 from Paddington...
    ... Each iron sized area take 20 seconds to fuse, 10 with full steam, 10 without. ... I have boiled fingers and steam cleaned nails, and new scortch marks on the ironing board from wandering off and leaving the iron face down... ... Collar is going well, though I'm not convinced this pattern has the best collar construction... ... Kate, you are awesome. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: I feel like I am falling off the planet!
    ... Gosh Kate, ... front lining sections ... collar interface piece ... wing lining pieces ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: A little help please
    ... None has the collar on the waistcoat; ... interfacing was burlap or layers of heavy linen. ... another layer up to the stand. ... You must be conscious of the roll line, ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: What a blast!
    ... You know, anything less than a 42" chest, 36" waist, 17" collar! ... He's turned HUGE, Kate!!! ... A few of his school friends are cathing his up for height, but none seem to have quite his massive qualities. ...
    (alt.sewing)