Re: Pfaff Variamatic 1117 Sewing machine help - I need a manual--attnRon

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send wrote:
Pogonip wrote:

The same can be said for a Ford, a Chevy, a Toyota, or a Saturn. If there is a carburetor, it's most likely made by Aisin, and other parts are made by other companies. Same with a computer. Or most anything you name. Manufacturing has changed.

True, but I am just saying that it is no longer true that *any* machine made by Singer these days is undoubtedly a good one. You can't trust the low-end models, because they are made by the cheapest bidder.

No, just as you can't trust the low-end of any name-brand appliance's products. Refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, washers, dryers, etc., often have different manufacturers for different models in their line. Sometimes the low-end is well built with fewer features, sometimes it's junk.

I have no recent sewing machines except my Singer xl6000 and my Pfaff 1475. No Touch & Sews or Stylists, either. I do have several FWs, 401s, 99s, 66s, a 115, a 15, a bunch of 301s, 306s....I wish there were some way to transport some of these to people who come here asking about inexpensive machines. The Pfaff 320, the Elna Supermatic would be great for some of them. I need that scanner Kate and Jean have.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.alternate-universe

  • Re: Need some quick info please
    ... originally made by or long time bought out by Husquarna, ... Looks like Pfaff and Singer were not bought by each other, ... Since Pfaff machines are being discussed, ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Just talked to Loes Hinse
    ... I really like putting elastic in with my serger, her patterns were where I ... They did not pack my machines the way I wanted ... My Singer home machine.... ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: What type of embroidery machine does this......
    ... Singer is in better shape now than it has been in 20 ... The Futura machines are a great entry level machine but require being ... Janome 300e for straight embroidery only and ease of use. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: What type of embroidery machine does this......
    ... Guess who actually makes the Futura. ... > producing some decent machines. ... Singer is in better shape now than it has been in 20 ... > Janome 300e for straight embroidery only and ease of use. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: lettuce edge sleeves - lettuce first or seam first?
    ... There's room on the serger bench for the Brother as well if I have a not-too-bulky project that needs more than one type of seam/hem or colour combination that needs to be swapped between a lot. ... Under the serger bench sits the Bernina with the Viking on top, and the Irish 15 clone with the Singer 367 on top. ... There's also a bed and about 2500 books in the sewing room, plus the thread stash and all the trimmings and findings and zips and other stuff! ... I need to finish tdying the machines I had in school last week away, and straighten the place up so I can get back to more sewing. ...
    (alt.sewing)