Re: A great day Fabric Shopping & weather

Juno wrote:

My problem with length comes because I have baseboard hot water
heat. To end a drape just above the heat looks awkward. It
looks like someone walking around with pants that are just a
bit to short in my mind.

High-waters! <snort>

The largest window is on the longest
wall and it would mean covering half the heat. That does 2 things.
It shuts out the heat and no
matter how much you vacuum there is a lot of dust in the fins
and it ends up hidden on drapes and every time you move the
drape it spreads the dust throughout the room. I can't avoid
dust but I do my best to avoid giving it a collection place.

I hear ya' on the whole dust thing. My younger DD has multiple
allergies, dust being at the top of the list. We had mostly
hard-easy-to-clean surfaces in her bedroom, Roll-up shades with a
little trim, etc.

If you don't want it, why live with it. Paint is reversible.
Have you considered pickling. That would add color. My friend,
Nancy, painted the paneling in her family room with great
results. She did it in a cream color and it has added a lot of
great texture to the walls.She has a great decorating sense and
is not afraid to try something most people would never do.
Give it a thought.

You almost give me the courage to try it. ;-) This summer's projects
are already set, I'm having the exterior of the house painted, a new
concrete patio poured, and *maybe* (if it fits the budget), hardwood
floors in the living room to replace the w-to-w carpet. That's enough
disruption for one year...

I can't wait to get these curtains made. They do have to wait a
couple of weeks though. Next week I have a houseful of grandchildren
and the beginning of the following week we are going to visit
another daughter for a couple of days. That does give me time
to plot out just what I want to do and how.

Enjoy, plotting is half the fun!

Beverly

  • Re: A great day Fabric Shopping & weather
    ... My problem with length comes because I have baseboard hot water heat. ... It shuts out the heat and no matter how much you vacuum there is a lot of dust in the fins and it ends up hidden on drapes and every time you move the drape it spreads the dust throughout the room. ... She did it in a cream color and it has added a lot of great texture to the walls.She has a great decorating sense and is not afraid to try something most people would never do. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: rebooting on own?
    ... In your case, most important voltages will be on the purple, red, ... Dust and heat must never be a reason for your problem. ... comprehensive hardware diagnostics. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Better than watch TV. Ride Report - long!
    ... If you can arrange the bike, ... From now up to mid may, it has less dust and not much ... stuck all the time takes some of the fun of the ride, but also, there ... Dust and heat might become a problem, btw, heat is a problem all year ...
    (rec.motorcycles.dirt)
  • Re: Worm, trojan, virus, or simply power supply failure?
    ... works just fine with dust balls when in a 100 degree F room. ... Dust obviously was not reason ... Heat is also a diagnostic tool to find defective hardware before ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • RE: System Failing what do I do???
    ... Sounds more like a heat problem. ... Check the heat sink on the CPU and video card. ... Clean dust off the fans and the vents to the exterior. ... Once I've been on the internet then it continues acting ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)