Re: The ever popular pricing questions ...

Pogonip wrote:
Joy

No, I'm pretty sure it's witchcraft. Ancient knowledge passed on. Magic. Look at all the women who don't even use a pattern. That amazes me - they look at something and start cutting fabric. I found that was common in Mexico, and with older women in the states who started sewing eons ago and had no access to patterns.

My grandmother. If she saw something she wanted to make, she made it. No pattern involved. She's still alive, but doesn't sew because her eyes aren't so good any more.

  • Re: The ever popular pricing questions ...
    ... Pogonip wrote: ... I'm pretty sure it's witchcraft. ... Look at all the women who don't even use a pattern. ... That amazes me - they look at something and start cutting fabric. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: The ever popular pricing questions ...
    ... I'm pretty sure it's witchcraft. ... Look at all the women who don't even use a pattern. ... That amazes me - they look at something and start cutting fabric. ... She is a Wise Woman. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: The ever popular pricing questions ...
    ... I'm pretty sure it's witchcraft. ... Look at all the women who don't even use a pattern. ... That amazes me - they look at something and start cutting fabric. ... stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Modern Sewing pattern for board shorts?
    ... Pogonip wrote: ... can't see how the C & S pattern could do this. ... would either have to draft the pattern from scratch, ... a similar shorts pattern (with a yoke), ...
    (alt.sewing)