Re: Looking for Needles

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:12:36 GMT, "Ritze" <cooldude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm in Southern California. I've already visited a few places here but none
>carry this type of needle.
>According to the Singer instruction manual for this machine ( Singer 240W2
>industrial chainstitch machine ) the correct needle class is supposed to be
>Class 24.
>I still have one installed in the machine but it's made by Schmetz. I'm
>really not sure if it's a discontinued or obsolete system. (I also noticed
>that it's a similar needle system that would work in a vintage Toy Singer
>Class 20 child machine)
>The Schmetz website is not very useful as far as cross referencing to other
>systems designation and it does not list a class 24 needle or anything
>closer in dimension.
>
>*Overall length of needle is approximately 1.2655 inches (32.14 mm).

I have a catalogue that shows the Singer 24X1 needles available in a
carded 5-pack, for the "Mini Mender". They also show up in the
industrial section under Singer and Muva. I would suspect a Singer
dealer in your area would be able to order them.

gwh

  • Re: quilting with 221
    ... A standard Singer or Schmetz will work on a FW. ... Always try a second needle in case you have gotten a hold of a bad one. ... Featherweight Fanatics has a lot of info too. ... If IMS tells you that the featherweight will quilt, ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Singer 337 problems
    ... Singer himself. ... something to find her the right needle. ... So long as they are unused and bright and shiny, they are still some of the best needles made for older Singer machines. ... That said, I've been using Schmetz needles in my 1923 Singer 66K hand Crank since the day I bought her in 1976, with never a bother at all. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: quilting with 221
    ... I am not sure what you mean by 'not punch' ... ... but I am guessing you mean the needle would not pierce the fabric. ... My Isaac FW Singer will both piece and quilt nicely, though it is not at fast as Pfilomina Pfaff. ... sew wonderfully for thin fabrics. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Singer 337
    ... the needle. ... the stitches and back stitching, ... I have a 1961 Singer that I've had for years & years, ...
    (alt.sewing)