Re: sticky tag

In article <q8-dnS-mKZJMHnLfRVn-pw@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Suzanne McHenry of uttered
When noting the size of a shirt, why do manufacturers use long sticky strip tags? It is hard to get the sticky off the shirt. Does anyone have a suggestion how to get the residue off?

Have you tried washing it? -- AJH no email address supplied .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sticky tag
    ... me in getting off all kinds of sticky stuff like sticker residue, pine sap, chewing gum, etc. ... Just dampen a corner of a rag with Goo Gone and gently rub it on the sticky area, then if it was a clothing item, I'd wash it right away. ... Joann Fabrics usually has it, as do hardware stores, grocery stores and places like Wal-Mart. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Hanging air freshener badly marked up center console
    ... It's one of those things that was 'order before midnight' on TV for a while, but it really does work on a lots of sticky stuff. ... vents in the centre instrument console. ... I notice that where the air freshener was contacting the console ... plastic now has this sticky residue on it. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)
  • Re: Removing Sticky Mounting Tape from a 45
    ... the mounting cardboard with 5 pieces of double sided white, ... What would be the best way to get this very sticky tape off the B side ... It's made for removing sticky tape residue, ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: OT: CD/DVD security
    ... For those suffering from OCD, if you remove the tape more or less intact, you can apply the sticky side repeatedly to where there is adhesive residue and most of the residue will stick to the tape, leaving the dvd/cd case free of stickum. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Aunties spillchucker/subeditors
    ... Can't see it in the photo, but where there are gaps there's sticky ... residue from a scratched-off apostrophe. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)