Comments on Kate's favorite pattern

>>From one of my Civil War groups...I'd referred them all to your site,
Kate.

~~~~~~~~~~
That was a great story. Similar to mine. Good Day,
Ms. M!

I wore a similar gown for our wedding in 2003. It took
somewhere around 40+ hours and about 5 do-overs to get
it to lay nicely. I found if you take the overskirt
and make it a seperate piece and the bertha and tack
it down after lengthening it two inches, and shorten
the skirt about about 7 inches and the bodice about 3
inches (it was made for a 7 foot tall amazonian
female) it will give you a few major migraines ( just
short of admission to the local hospital of course) ,
only a couple of unmentionable words and a very pretty
gown. Good luck to anyone adventursome enough to try
it. See everyone at the Jackson Ball.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She made hers in a pale slipper satin pink, with pink roses in
clusters. Quite nice, actually.

--Karen M.

  • Re: Comments on Kates favorite pattern
    ... I wore a similar gown for our wedding in 2003. ... the skirt about about 7 inches and the bodice about 3 ... She made hers in a pale slipper satin pink, ... The bodice was just the right length, once I'd added to length and width to size it up to fit the customer. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Comments on Kates favorite pattern
    ... Kate. ... I wore a similar gown for our wedding in 2003. ... the skirt about about 7 inches and the bodice about 3 ... She made hers in a pale slipper satin pink, ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: OH AND YES
    ... unfortuantley lost two inches in the last 10 or so years. ... will gain any more if they decide to do the second surgery. ... I have to have surgery on my hand to remove a ganglion. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • OT sewing I said no to
    ... match the bridesmaids, and encouraged the bride to have me do the ... wedding gown. ... Yep, ELEVEN inches, close to a foot. ... pay more than $7k for a gown including alterations and it should darn ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Bruise from insulin?
    ... let's say that each (signifies the 2 inch radius around the 0 belly button ... you are saying you don't have a torso that would be 6 levels or 12 inches ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)