Old machine - keep or Freecycle?

My neighbor is giving me an old Singer, or at least a Singer clone. The kind that sits in a stand. I can't find a number on it, but the plate reads "Stitchmaster." It comes with a very cool goodie - a monogramming set! Brand new in the box. The set says that it is for the Singer 760 series.

The belt is missing so I can't really take it for a test drive.

We all know that about husbands hate new machines. And god knows I really don't have room for it....

I have two machines now - portables - one is an old rugged JC Penney, and the other is a 10ish Kenmore that I still haven't messed with since I botched something in the bobbin area that causes needle breakage. That machine does more stitches than my Penney's, that it's claim to fame.

If I freecycle this, am I eventually going to kick myself? Or should I just keep the monogramming attachment and freecycle the machine.

MY life is hard - I have a tendency to keep everything. Hence the "We have no room for this!" problem.

What do you think?

  • Re: Just talked to Loes Hinse
    ... I really like putting elastic in with my serger, her patterns were where I ... They did not pack my machines the way I wanted ... My Singer home machine.... ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: What type of embroidery machine does this......
    ... Singer is in better shape now than it has been in 20 ... The Futura machines are a great entry level machine but require being ... Janome 300e for straight embroidery only and ease of use. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: What type of embroidery machine does this......
    ... Guess who actually makes the Futura. ... > producing some decent machines. ... Singer is in better shape now than it has been in 20 ... > Janome 300e for straight embroidery only and ease of use. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: lettuce edge sleeves - lettuce first or seam first?
    ... There's room on the serger bench for the Brother as well if I have a not-too-bulky project that needs more than one type of seam/hem or colour combination that needs to be swapped between a lot. ... Under the serger bench sits the Bernina with the Viking on top, and the Irish 15 clone with the Singer 367 on top. ... There's also a bed and about 2500 books in the sewing room, plus the thread stash and all the trimmings and findings and zips and other stuff! ... I need to finish tdying the machines I had in school last week away, and straighten the place up so I can get back to more sewing. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Pfaff Variamatic 1117 Sewing machine help - I need a manual--attn Ron
    ... I've always been a Singer fan--sometimes the only one in the room--and I'm so glad to know that they're coming right along. ... When I bought my Lily I did look at Singers, but at the time they were still in the doldrums and nothing was up to my usage... ... Recently they have bought in some excellent machines, but it isn't the same as the old days: they are all badged these days. ... Elna, Bernina, and Husqvarna still make their own, but even Toyota are no longer making anything but sergers for themselves. ...
    (alt.sewing)