Old machine - keep or Freecycle?

My neighbor is giving me an old Singer, or at least a Singer clone. The kind that sits in a stand. I can't find a number on it, but the plate reads "Stitchmaster." It comes with a very cool goodie - a monogramming set! Brand new in the box. The set says that it is for the Singer 760 series.

The belt is missing so I can't really take it for a test drive.

We all know that about husbands hate new machines. And god knows I really don't have room for it....

I have two machines now - portables - one is an old rugged JC Penney, and the other is a 10ish Kenmore that I still haven't messed with since I botched something in the bobbin area that causes needle breakage. That machine does more stitches than my Penney's, that it's claim to fame.

If I freecycle this, am I eventually going to kick myself? Or should I just keep the monogramming attachment and freecycle the machine.

MY life is hard - I have a tendency to keep everything. Hence the "We have no room for this!" problem.

What do you think?

  • Re: Just talked to Loes Hinse
    ... I really like putting elastic in with my serger, her patterns were where I ... They did not pack my machines the way I wanted ... My Singer home machine.... ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: What type of embroidery machine does this......
    ... Singer is in better shape now than it has been in 20 ... The Futura machines are a great entry level machine but require being ... Janome 300e for straight embroidery only and ease of use. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: What type of embroidery machine does this......
    ... Guess who actually makes the Futura. ... > producing some decent machines. ... Singer is in better shape now than it has been in 20 ... > Janome 300e for straight embroidery only and ease of use. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: lettuce edge sleeves - lettuce first or seam first?
    ... There's room on the serger bench for the Brother as well if I have a not-too-bulky project that needs more than one type of seam/hem or colour combination that needs to be swapped between a lot. ... Under the serger bench sits the Bernina with the Viking on top, and the Irish 15 clone with the Singer 367 on top. ... There's also a bed and about 2500 books in the sewing room, plus the thread stash and all the trimmings and findings and zips and other stuff! ... I need to finish tdying the machines I had in school last week away, and straighten the place up so I can get back to more sewing. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: You really have to do your homework these days.
    ... Hannas Mum wrote: ... Last year when I bought the Singer 117 Featherweight II for mum, it was the best in its class. ... This year the same shop is stocking the Frister & Rossman Cub SP to fill that gap as the newer 'improved' Singer 118 just isn't as good or as friendly to use as either the 117 or the F&R. ... AS for always putting down the low end machines, ...
    (alt.sewing)