Re: OT - Hummingbirds, burned pan

Angrie.Woman wrote:
Pogonip wrote:

Now "cure" the pan. Either cook something greasy in it (carefully so as not to burn) or wipe it with a vegetable shortening, and put it on a very, very, very low burner for about 30 minutes - again, don't burn it.

We routinely do this with our cast-iron pans, but even stainless steel can benefit from a tiny bit of grease in the pores.

Perhaps you can answer this question for me - what to do with a DH who puts the cast iron skillet in the dishwasher?

That is truly a dilemma. You actually have a DH who knows how to open the dishwasher? And put things inside it??? Run it, even?
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth