Re: OT - Hummingbirds, burned pan

Angrie.Woman wrote:
Pogonip wrote:

Now "cure" the pan. Either cook something greasy in it (carefully so as not to burn) or wipe it with a vegetable shortening, and put it on a very, very, very low burner for about 30 minutes - again, don't burn it.

We routinely do this with our cast-iron pans, but even stainless steel can benefit from a tiny bit of grease in the pores.

Perhaps you can answer this question for me - what to do with a DH who puts the cast iron skillet in the dishwasher?

That is truly a dilemma. You actually have a DH who knows how to open the dishwasher? And put things inside it??? Run it, even?
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth

  • Re: Buffets
    ... cat dishes in the dishwasher and some people freak about that! ... survive the temperatures of a properly working dishwasher. ... When I wash dishes I immerse them in rinse water which is too hot for me to get them out again. ... I won't burn your Koran because I don't want you to burn my Bible; ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: OT - Hummingbirds, burned pan
    ... as not to burn) or wipe it with a vegetable shortening, and put it on a very, very, very low burner for about 30 minutes - again, don't burn it. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: OT - Hummingbirds, burned pan
    ... as not to burn) or wipe it with a vegetable shortening, and put it on a very, very, very low burner for about 30 minutes - again, don't burn it. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: OT - Hummingbirds, burned pan
    ... >> not to burn) or wipe it with a vegetable shortening, ... >> very, very, very low burner for about 30 minutes - again, don't burn it. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: OT - Hummingbirds, burned pan
    ... as not to burn) or wipe it with a vegetable shortening, and put it on a very, very, very low burner for about 30 minutes - again, don't burn it. ... Perhaps you can answer this question for me - what to do with a DH who puts the cast iron skillet in the dishwasher? ...
    (alt.sewing)