Re: mixed measuring units

Pogonip wrote:

> Does it include the essential measurements for a handful, a
> pinch, and a smidgen? ;-)

Doubtful about the "handful". ;->

However, I do actually have a set of measuring spoons for a "Drop", a
"Smidge", a "Pinch", and "Hint". I saw them online, just couldn't
resist. ;-)

> In my kitchen, I have a cookbook that has recipes with such
> measurements as a teacupful and a dessertspoonful. It's Indian
> recipes printed in England. Wonderful cookbook, too.

Love it! I have several recipes from a couple-or three generations
back, and the references to "Handfuls" of this and "Smidgeons" of that
are colorful to say the least.

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

  • Re: mixed measuring units
    ... she tried to teach me some of her recipes. ... No temperature measurements. ... Then my mother had the brilliant idea to volunteer me to make chocolate chip ... Guess she figured since I never took out the cookbook at home I ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: Spin Off of Barbs Spin off of Squeaks Family Recipe Collections and Nostalgia
    ... my grandma Ma's recipes often included measurements like "A handful ... My Grandma was a widow who singly raised five sons (from about 1910 on ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Spin Off of Barbs Spin off of Squeaks Family Recipe Collections and Nostalgia
    ... my grandma Ma's recipes often included measurements like "A handful ... My Grandma was a widow who singly raised five sons (from about 1910 on until ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: measurement question
    ... I googled and glasses are mainly modern measurements for ... Does anyone know what the old fashioned "one glass" ... "I will try from now on to be more specific in my recipes and especially ... I?ve had some questions about my measurements, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Does this make sense?
    ... What I said before about cups dumbing down... ... Now it looks like I can give these recipes a whirl. ... online reviews point out that not all the "home" measurements ...
    (rec.food.sourdough)