Re: Used LYNX panel a good deal?

On Apr 25, 3:16 pm, dgk <d...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:56:38 -0700 (PDT), tourman

<robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 25, 10:51 am, dgk <d...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Amazon has a few LYNXR/LYNXR24 alarm consoles for $35-40. Assuming
that these are working, is there anything that comes with a new panel
($204) that does not come with the used ones? They say that they have
all the parts, although one does not have the manual. That can be
downloaded.

Do all the various detectors come separately?

RHC: When buying any used alarm panel from Ebay or anywhere else for
that matter, make absolutely sure it is not locked. Disreputable
people have been known to sell locked panels to unsuspecting
customers !

Detectors, door contacts, smokes etc usually are purchased separately;
however, they may or may not come with your used panel.

Locked. You mean with an installer password that can't be reset? I
know next to nothing about installing an alarm but I read a few
threads and the LYNX seems to a good one. There is no "reset to
factory defaults" option?

RHC: There is always a "reset to factory" setting in the installer
level manual UNLESS the panel is locked as well in software. To to the
page on my website called "unlocking services" and "installer lockout"
for a complete description of what I mean.....www.homemetal.com

Protect yourself before you buy a used alarm panel especially as a
DIY'er with little experience in these matters.

  • Re: DSC brain problem
    ... panel has been reseted its not under warranty anymore because they know ... The reset process seemed to ... > is it the same as the Paradox, where locking out the installer code can ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: DSC brain problem
    ... open because everything except the installer code has been defaulted back to ... home security with the same vintage alarm panel, ... The reset process seemed to ... > Anyone have any suggestions on how to reset this thing back to factory? ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: NX-8 Hardware Reset?
    ... is done as written by Rich. ... "hardware reset" then you might be better served to ask Caddx Tech Support. ... It does not help our industry when a panel gets circumvented, ... with honest intentions - or a potential burglar. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: How to reboot a computer immediately by programming?
    ... the aspect of effectiveness, equivalent to pressing the RESET button on ... the front panel of your computer. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Miskeyed password change - cant login (admin)
    ... I think this page will help you reset the Administrator password ... > panel that comes up first. ... > anyone's assistance in getting past this login panel. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)