Re: Used LYNX panel a good deal?

On Apr 25, 10:51 am, dgk <d...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Amazon has a few LYNXR/LYNXR24 alarm consoles for $35-40. Assuming
that these are working, is there anything that comes with a new panel
($204) that does not come with the used ones? They say that they have
all the parts, although one does not have the manual. That can be
downloaded.

Do all the various detectors come separately?

RHC: When buying any used alarm panel from Ebay or anywhere else for
that matter, make absolutely sure it is not locked. Disreputable
people have been known to sell locked panels to unsuspecting
customers !

Detectors, door contacts, smokes etc usually are purchased separately;
however, they may or may not come with your used panel.

  • Heat detectors vs smoke detectors
    ... Our home has old dictograph heat detectors in every room, ... then back to the panel. ... in at least 4 smokes in the house on a seperate zone with new wiring, ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Heat detectors vs smoke detectors
    ... In the long run you may be better off with 2-wires smokes and a panel that supports them. ... I want to start replacing some of the heat detectors with smoke detectors, but the wiring in place is 2 wire looped from the panel then to every detector, then back to the panel. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Cant Mix Smoke Models....really?
    ... it explains why the detectors need to be ... What I'm not getting though is why the panel would suggest that any ... or if I'm functionally alright with this mixed pair. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: Some installers should not be working on advanced panels
    ... WARNING THIS PANEL IS TO BE INSTALLED AND PROGRAMMED ONLY BY ... EXPERIENCED INSTALLERS. ... Could not get heat loop working had series and parallel resistors on ... The guy home ran all of the detectors to the ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: UL Compatibility
    ... A word on UL Compatibility from an 'old timer' - Legally speaking, ... Listed for that panel. ... If you are wiring your own house, this may or may not be an issue. ... However, should there be a fire and your detectors do not respond, ...
    (alt.security.alarms)